Companies can apply to have sanitary sewage accepted at the Metro Septage Receiving Station. For inquiries call +1 (803) 545-3400
Approved companies should follow these rules when transporting and dumping sanitary sewage:
- The station will accept waste during normal business hours. These hours are: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- The station will be closed on all official City holidays.
- The service area for septic tank and portable toilet wastes will include the Columbia 201/ 208 service area PDF document as defined by the Central Midlands Council of Governments, all of Richland County and West Columbia.
- Industrial waste will be accepted only with prior written approval.
- Treatment fees and pH adjustment charges shall be in accordance with the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article V, Chapter 23, Section 23-150, Discharge of Septic Tank Waste and any amendments thereto.
- Treatment and pH adjustment charges shall be paid by punch ticket only. Punch tickets can be purchased at the City’s Utilities & Engineering Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call +1 (803) 545-3400 for more information.
- The discharge must conform to all requirements and limitations set forth in the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article IV, Chapter 23, Wastewater Services and any amendments thereto.
- Appropriate business license(s) must be obtained from the City’s Business License Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call +1 (803) 545-3345 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control’s On-Site Waste Management Division. Contact Mr. Leonard Gordon at +1 (803) 896-0646 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the Richland County Health Department. Contact Mr. Jasper Varn at +1 (803) 576-2910 for more information.