The Customer Care Center assists customers with the utility billing inquiries, takes customer concerns or questions for the City, and directs these concerns to the appropriate Department.
*The online chat feature is available from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. It is not available on weekends or holidays.
Property Damage Claims?
Do you have property damage potentially caused by a disturbance in the City of Columbia’s utilities (water and sewer service)? Call Companion* Property & Casualty +1 (800) 827-5794 and an adjuster will take your information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*Companion Third Party Administrators, LLC*
Need to Pay Your Bill?
- Online by clicking here. Payment fees will continue to be waived. Click here to create an account.
- By phone at +1 (803) 545-3300; press 1 when prompted
- By mail to PO Box 7997, Columbia, SC 29202
- By our drop box at our Payment Center at 1339 Main St.
(the drop box is on the Washington St. side of the building)
- At First Citizens Bank locations. See our website at columbiascwater.net/payment-options for locations. **You must bring your bill to First Citizen Payment Centers.**
About the Plumbing Service Plans Endorsed by the City of Columbia
In January, 2014, the City of Columbia issued a request for proposals from companies offering options for exterior water and sewer service line and interior plumbing coverage to our customers. HomeServe USA was selected as the company the City would endorse. This coverage is not required as is only being offered as an option for water and sewer plumbing coverage.
While the City maintains water mains and service lines up to the water meter and the water meter itself, property owners are responsible for service lines from the meter to the property’s plumbing. The City also maintains sewer lines up to the property boundary; sewer service lines on private property are the owner’s responsibility. The City of Columbia wants its customers to be prepared and have respected and qualified service in the case of emergency with both the exterior water and sewer lines.
In February, 2015, City water and sewer customers began receiving notifications about these repair plans. For more information about this program, see:
- City Endorsement Letter and Endorsement Frequently Asked Questions
- HomeServe Plan Frequently Asked Questions
- Details about the plans at ColumbiaServicePlans.com or by calling +1 (844) 863-1411.